[Help-glpk] Special Ordered Sets and extended MPS file formats

From: Jean-Sebastien Roy
Subject: [Help-glpk] Special Ordered Sets and extended MPS file formats
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:38:10 +0100

I've been using GLPK for a few months now and it's really a great software. (I must confess I still use CPLEX and XPRESS for large MIP problems).

I would like to suggest two enhancements :

Even if GLPK seems not able to use special ordered sets information, it would be nice if it did not choke on CPLEX LP format problem files that provide it. The same remark applies to the MPS extensions used by CPLEX (SOS & co.) and XPRESS (SETS).

Another improvement would be for GLPK to be able to read extended MPS files as used by the two solvers previously mentioned, which have less limitations about variables name lengths, and provides optimisation sense information.

Thanks again for the great work !

Regards,

js