[Help-glpk] re-entrant test version of GLPK

From: Joonas Timo Taavetti Kekoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] re-entrant test version of GLPK
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:34:23 +0300 (EEST)

I have created a new version of glpk that should be
re-entrant when it comes to calculations.

http://www.hut.fi/~jkekoni/glpk-t/

By re-entrancy I mean that several threads may handle
their own LPX instances at the same time.

The file operations have not been dealt (yet?),
so they still remain non re-entrant.

I have used a sub struct to LPX to replace
the static globals in glpgpx6b.c (edited also glplpx.h).

I have also created a common data structure
that is used to replace static globals
in glpipm.c.

The patch is valid for both 4.0 and 4.1 and
has been tested to compile and to work in glpsol,
but not yet anything else.

The code still remains ansi C and does not
require any extra libs nor does it have
OS dependencies.

http://www.hut.fi/~jkekoni/glpk-t/

-----
The aim of the work has been to make glpk usable
for java, which it is not since it is not
re-entrant and java does not really support proceses.

---