[Help-glpk] Subsets in GNU MathProg

From: Marcos Vinicius Lazarini
Subject: [Help-glpk] Subsets in GNU MathProg
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:36:49 -0200 (BRST)

Hi everybody,

I was using the modeling language GNU MathProg in a graph problem. In
this particular problem, I need to find (and prevent) cycles in this
graph, so the solution (at least, mathematically)  was: define a subset
S from the original set N (with at least 3 nodes) and try to find cycle
using every combinations of subsets from N in S.

I know there is a keyword named 'setof' (that maybe solve my problem),
but I can't understand its behavior reading the documentation.

When I do a

set N := aa bb cc dd ee ff gg;
set S := setof N;

what happens exactly? With this syntax, will S be any subset of N (all
the combinations)?

There are some other ways doing this thing? Suggestions are very
welcome... :-)

Thanks in advance,

Marcos Lazarini