[Help-glpk] glpk mip

From: Dan Popovici
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk mip
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:51:50 +0100

Hello again,

A solved a scheduling problem with glpk that had binary variables like x[I,j,k] = 1 if the course i takes place in the timeslot j and room k . It has 100000 variables. After pre_solve it has 25000 variables. In a few minutes it finds a solution saying optimal solution found, but then it goes to the second part , when it tries to find mip solution. There it doesn’t find any solution(or at least it didn’t in the last 30 minutes,it is still running). Can I somehow speed up the process? Can I find any partial solution? If I tell it to run for x seconds, then it will put all variables to zero.

Thank you,

Dan