[Help-glpk] Problem with lpx_read_model

From: Jan Vervoorst
Subject: [Help-glpk] Problem with lpx_read_model
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:37:13 +0100

Hi,
I have trouble using lpx_read_model. I'm trying to use GLPK in Visual C++. Everything in Visual C++ is configured correctly, because I get no error message when typing

LPX *lp
lp=lpx_create_prob();

But my question is about lpx_read_model directly. It has the form LPX *lpx_read_model(char *model, char *data, char *output).
So I define model, data, and output like this:

char *model;
model = "vis_3D.mod";
char *data;
data = "";
char *output;
output = "visible_output.dat"

But when calling lpx_read_model, the pointers *model, *char and *output only point to the first character in the character string, so in my case it would give me only the letter v for all three variables. How does lpx_read_model get the correct file names?
Also, when I have created an empty problem earlier in my C++ program (called lp here), will lpx_read_model automatically send its data to this problem or where will its pointer point to? Thanks a lot for the help, Jan Vervoorst