Re: [Help-glpk] How to find all solutions of binary problem?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How to find all solutions of binary problem?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 03:58:54 +0300

> I searched the archives for "multiple solutions" and
> found good info for real-valued solutions but none for
> ILP. Is it possible to get glpsol to generate all
> binary solutions?

Formally all optimal solutions are equivalent. If you suppose that
they are not equivalent, you should introduce additional constraints
(and/or modify the objective function) to determine solution having
desirable properties.

Glpsol is not able to generate all integer feasible solutions. However,
this is usually not needed in practice; besides, the number of integer
feasible points may be extremely huge.

Andrew Makhorin