Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.9 release information

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.9 release information
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:20:16 +0300

> I have some requests though:
>
> * I'd like to optionally specify an initial bound for the B&B.

This feature will be implemented in a next release.

> * I'd like to optionally see the real valued bound for the B&B for a MIP
> with integer objective function.

The lower bound obtained from a relaxation is only a bound. Its value
may depend, for example, on transformations performed by presolver or
on cutting planes added to the relaxation. So it does not express any
essential information.

> * For some applications I have, it is useful to have more than one data
> file. Would this be possible?

You can use the C preprocessor (gcc -E) to prepare data files.