[Help-glpk] reading in GMPL file questions

From: Louis Luangkesorn
Subject: [Help-glpk] reading in GMPL file questions
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:57:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I'm trying to learn the use of GLPK via the R-GLPK interface and as part of this, I am using the Dantzig cannery model from the documentation and using the API to examine it.  Some questions:

1.  Does the objective function always get read in as the first row?  I noticed the GMPL file was read that way but I don't think it was required when I used the API to define the model.

2.  Is the order of the rows always correspond to the order in the model file?   I would like to be able to programmatically modify rows, but this requires I be able to predict where the row is based on the model file.

When I'm done with my little exercise, the intention is to add this to the R-GLPK documentation, so I'd like to make sure I understand this before writing down something that may not always be true.  Thank you for your help.

Louis

First you run, When you can't run, then you crawl. When you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.
- Firefly

---- Some of my pictures at http://flickr.com/photos/lugerla