[Help-glpk] glpk49vb

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk49vb
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:41:07 +1000

I am have been using the VB implementation of GLPK for quite a while and I am
having  the following problem. I write a problem in cplex format and load the
file as follows.
        ' load the problem from file
        '
        lp = glpk_read_cpxlp(sPath)

        ' Find Simplex solution
        '
        lRet = glpk_simplex(lp)
        Print "GLPK SIMPLEX: " & lRet
        ' Find MIP solution
        '
        lRet = glpk_integer(lp)
        Print "GLPK INTEGER: " & lRet

the glpk_integer returns an error of 204 - cannot start search.
but if I use glpsol.exe to test the formualtion it finds a mip solution in less
than a
second. So I am confident that the formulation is ok and that a mip solution
exists.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why the VB implemtation is returning an error
when glpsol.exe can find a solution with the same formulation.

Regards,
Max