[Help-glpk] Question about the behavior of lpx_exact

From: Marc Lanctot
Subject: [Help-glpk] Question about the behavior of lpx_exact
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:36:34 -0600

Hello,

I'm using GLPK to solve a relatively large linear program. Using doubles (lpx_solve) I get what seems to be a reasonable answer in an hour or 2.

I would like to verify that the solution is exactly right, so I instead use lpx_exact to solve the same linear program. I realize it will take longer, but how much longer should I expect it to take?

The program has been running for 38 hours, and repeatedly output lines that look like the following:

  *203649:   objval =      0.111111111111111   (8895)

Is this an indication that the solution found using lpx_solve is wrong and only terminated due to numerical error, or have I just not waited long enough?

Thanks,
Marc

--
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of
value.