Re: [Help-glpk] Infinity in *.dat files

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Infinity in *.dat files
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:44:28 +0400

> I wan to ask you, whether there is any possibility to set values
> of params in *.dat files to Infinity or -Infinity. I need this for
> example in models for graphs problems.

Currently pseudo values like Infinity and NaN are not implemented in
MathProg. However, you can use any "unusual" value like 1e100 in the
data section and then check it in the model appropriately.
For example, the edge length 1e100 could mean that there is no such
edge in the graph, so one could write something like this:

s.t. foo{e in E: c[e] != 1e100} c[e] * x[e] = 0;