[Help-glpk] linear programming for timetabling

From: Benson
Subject: [Help-glpk] linear programming for timetabling
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:43:35 +0300

Hi,

I can #39;t seem to get my head round the expressibility of linear programming.
I am trying to write a timetabling program using the integer programming
approach.
I have
x[course, day, slot, lecturer, room] as the basic (binary) variable,

How do I express a statement like sum of all assigned (course, day, slot) is 3
ignoring lecturer and room? Some course may have more than one lecturer...

I understand that this is a very basic question. Please assist.

Regards,

Benson

Hi,

I can't seem to get my head round the expressibility of linear programming. I am trying to write a timetabling program using the integer programming approach.