[Help-glpk] MySQL use problems

From: Timo van Donselaar
Subject: [Help-glpk] MySQL use problems
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:15:53 -0000

Dear all,

Apologies for bothering everyone with this issue, but I have the following problem:

I am trying to read data from a mysql database. Installed glpk-4.23 and mysqlclient (and mysqlserver) under Ubuntu, created a simple database to test (called test). I am now trying to run glpk with: glpsol --model mysql.mod and get the following error:

Syntax error in data section

Context: …et : x ; s.t. constr : x>= y ;  data ; param y := 4 ; dbopen

Model processing error

The db command in mysql.mod:

dbopen( ‘MySQL’, ‘localhost’, ‘test’, ‘root’, ‘roottest’);

dbclose;

Does anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

With kind regards,

Timo van Donselaar

MSc student – University of Edinburgh