Re: [Help-glpk] Sample.c code error in Visula Studio 2005

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Sample.c code error in Visula Studio 2005
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:35:48 +0300

> I am using glpk 4.25 and run the batch file after changing the HOME path
> in Build_GLPK_with_VC6.bat to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC.
> It created the following files glpsol , glpk object file library and glkp
> 4.25 export definitaion file in the same folder (w32). Does this mean the
> batch file run properly.

Yes.

>  Next I try to run sample.c code but it gives me an
> error saying fatal error cannot open incllude file 'glpk.h' no such file or
> directory. The foll awing is the path of my files

> C:\LP\glpk-4.25\glpk-4.25\examples\sample.c

> My glpk.h files are in the following directory

> C:\LP\glpk-4.25\glpk-4.25\include

>  I type the following at the command prompt of Visual Stodio 2005

> C:\LP\glpk-4.25\glpk-4.25\examples> cl sample.c

> hit enter and the error I get is this

>  fatal error C1083: cannot open incllude file 'glpk.h' no such file or
>  directory

On invoking cl you should additionally specify the directory, where
glpk header files are placed, and the glpk library file. Assuming that
you are in the directory 'examples', the command might look like
follows:

cl /I..\include sample.c ..\w32\glpk.lib

For more details about cl options see microsoft documentation.