Re: [Help-glpk] glpk -> coin-or -> gams -> neos server

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk -> coin-or -> gams -> neos server
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:14:08 +0200

Hello Andrew,

COIN is patching GLPK as described in
https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/Glpk/releases/1.4.3/glpk.patch

In glpios03.c and glpapi08.c the idea is that if the relative gap tolerance is
reached it does not make sense to signal a timeout (GLP_ETMLIM).  Reaching the
desired gap signals a valid (desired) solution. Reaching timeout typically
signals an invalid solution. Hence I guess this change could be moved to the
GLPK package.

As lpx_simplex has been replaced by glp_simplex the change in glplpx01.c to
correctly signal an invalid base seems reasonable but not necessary.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------