[Help-glpk] Modelling differences in time

From: Jiri K
Subject: [Help-glpk] Modelling differences in time
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
I would appreciate a hint for the following problem:
In my model I need to care about the values of a variable in consecutive
periods. Therefore in the formulas I operate with differences like

{i in PERIOD: i>1} x[i]-x[i-1]

However this only works when periods are described with numbers which always
increment by 1. How could I simply model this if the members of the PERIOD
set are e.g. 'Jan', 'Feb' etc?

Thank you for your answer

Jiri