[Help-glpk] Two questions about optimize

From: hhb83
Subject: [Help-glpk] Two questions about optimize
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have two questions.
1. I have solved a complex problem which takes more than 30000 seconds, but
when use this command ‘--mipgap 0.19’, it consumes only 322s and these two
answers are completely the same. Why does this happen?
2. This problem is non-convex because of constraints, but I found that even
if I make the problem convex by removing the constraints, the answer is
satisfied to the constraints, and the time is very short. However, the
objectives of them are different a lot, should they be the same?
Thank you very much!