[Help-glpk] Re: Branch-and-bound question

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Branch-and-bound question
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:17:04 +0300

> Hi my name is Renan Augusto and im an industrial engineer from Brazil.
> As i deal with enormous amounts of optimization problems i came across
> the GLPK package in a search for tolls to help me modelate and solve
> problems through C language. Well i am a starter and i wanted to ask you
> what do i need to be all set and solve problems using your
> branch-and-bound code? i tried to link all the headers and the glpk
> library needed to a code named glplpx6c.c witch says branch-and-bound
> solver but it just wont recognize any function from the header glplpx.h
> but im 100% sure im loading it into the code through the header glpmip.h.
> Thank you for your time in advance.

Looks like you have an obsolete glpk version. The most recent version
is 4.37. You can download it either from <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/>
or from some mirror ftp sites; see <http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html>.

If you are working under GNU/Linux or Cygwin, use the standard
procedure (see file INSTALL) to build and install the package.
If you are working under MS Windows, choose appropriate batch file in
subdirectory w32 to compile the package.

In any case to use the package from C/C++ you need only the header
glpk.h and the object library libglpk.a (or glpk.lib). For more details
please see the reference manual included in the distribution.