Re: [Help-glpk] Binary integer programming

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Binary integer programming
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:53:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009, Sebastian Pokutta wrote:

there is a trick in the case of binary program that does the job:

If x* in {0,1}^n is the obtained solution after the first run, add the
inequality:

sum{i in I} x_i + sum{i in [n] \ I} (1-x_i) >= 1

where I = { i in [n] | x*_i = 0}.

This additional inequality cuts off *exactly* the solution x*. Then
when solving it the second time you get the next solution. This
process can be repeated iteratively until you cut off all the optimal
solution and you found a sub-optimal one.