[Help-glpk] 2D packing with linear programming

From: Yaron Kretchmer
Subject: [Help-glpk] 2D packing with linear programming
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:40:26 -0700

Hi All.
Here's a model I wrote to do 2D packing with linear programming, including some examples of packing squares. Reason to use linear programming is that packing is just a part of a bigger algorithm I'm writing, but I was so pleased with myself for coming up with the packing part that i decided to share it :)

I'm interested in getting feedback on whether there are programatic changes that would speed up the runtime, or any suggestions on improving the code.

Also, I noticed that the runtime drops signifcantly when using --mostf . Is that a coincidence?

Thanks
Kretch