Re: [Help-glpk] logical operators

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] logical operators
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:39:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Yaron Kretchmer wrote:

a,b,c are binary variables.

I want c to be 1 if and only if a=b=1.  What Big-M forumlation do I need?

c <= a, b
c >= a + b - 1
c >= 0

Note that with a and b binary,
the above four constraints make c binary.
One could, if one wanted, omit c's integrality and <=1 constraints.
Whether that is a good idea depends on the algorithm of the solver.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.