Re: [Help-glpk] time complexity in glpk

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] time complexity in glpk
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:47:03 -0400

GLPK uses the simplex algorithm, which is generally fast in practice but can take exponential time in the worst case (proven for several pivot rules, anyway). Also, in the presence of poorly scaled instances it is possible for GLPK to not be able to solve an instance at all.

So there's no guarantee on the time it will take to solve.

Brady

Linna Li wrote:
Hi,

I'm using glpk to solve the assignment problem. What is the time complexity
for this? I haven't found any documents with this information. Thanks  a
lot!

Linna