[Help-glpk] GLPK for Pattern Recognition

From: Gianluca Cerminara
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPK for Pattern Recognition
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:20:46 +0400

Hi,
        I'm a new user of your nice library. We are trying to implement an
algorithm  for track fitting and pattern recognition for an HEP
experiment at CERN based on MIP and LP techniques as described in the note:
http://cms.cern.ch/iCMS/jsp/openfile.jsp?type=NOTE&year=2007&files=NOTE2007_007.pdf

The first prototype is working nicely but we are experiencing some
performance problems: the speed of the algorithm is not yet competitive.
Since I'm not an expert in linear programming I need some help to
understand if some of the options of the GLPK APIs can help.
In particular what are the pros and cons of calling glp_intopt after
having performed the LP relaxation with the glp_simplex instead of
calling the built-in presolver?
Any reference would be appreciated.

We are using version 4.39.
Thanks in advance for any feedback,