Re: [Help-glpk] Russian characters not allowed in GMPL?

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Russian characters not allowed in GMPL?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:24:03 +0200

Hello Marc,

GLPK currently does not support Unicode.

Unicode files start with a byte order mark, e.g. with the
bytes 0xEE 0xBB 0xBF for UTF8. This byte order mark currently
leads to the observed error.

Proper handling of Unicode would require to change quite a bit of code:
- file parsing
- file output
- string functions
- table statement

A free library for parsing Unicode is utf8proc
http://www.public-software-group.org/utf8proc

I suggest you use ISO 8859-5 encoding if you want to handle
russian text.

If you simply want to get rid of the Russian characters
load the file into Microsoft Notepad and save it with ANSI
encoding. The illegal characters will be replaced by '?'.
On Linux systems kate and gedit can do the same job.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------