Re: [Help-glpk] glpk and R (using SWIG)

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk and R (using SWIG)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:56:56 +0100

I assume you are creating objects in GLPK, like say a constraint matrix. Do you
rely on Java's garbage collector to dispose of these or do you call glpk's
delete function (glp_delete_prob)? I do the latter. I don't recall ever
noticing R's garbage collector.

So don't use carrays. I use iajaar or sparse matrix from coin. See:

I always think that writing ia[x] = etc; ja[x] = etc; ar[x] = etc; is tedious.
GLPK should have an add triplet function. Until then use iajaar.