Re: [Help-glpk] Problem with GLPK

From: Xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Problem with GLPK
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:47:59 +0200

Hello Anthony,

multiple GLPK Python bindings exist, see
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Python

Unfortunately you do not point out which one you use.

To help you requires the following information:
- Version of GLPK installed.
- GLPK Python binding used including version.
- Example Python code.
- The output of the following command: dpkg -l|grep glpk

This list is focused on GLPK itself. Some of the projects for GLPK Python bindings provide their own help lists.

Best regards

Xypron

anthony lencot wrote:
Dear sir, madam,

I am currently working on linear programming, trying to interface the GLPK
library with my own program. I use the python language, importing GLPK modules.
But i still have several problems and I can #39;t find a solution. That #39;s
the reason why i contact you.

In fact the real problem is that my program, during the import, don #39;t seem
to find the glpsol library. Indeed, when i am trying to use functions defined
in this library, the computer don #39;t seem to make the link between my
program in python where i call glpk functions, and the glpsol library.

The error is something like "undefined symbol" concerning functions that i want to import, and conerne above all the glpsol library. I put all the libraries together in the same file, with my python programs, and try to work about the path to check if there was a problem with that but I don #39;t find anything.
I am working under ubuntu 10.4, and the python version is 2.6.

I really hope that i was clear, and hope that you can help me

Thanks