[Help-glpk] Simple rostering GLPK example or resources?

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] Simple rostering GLPK example or resources?
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 02:02:48 +0400

  I was discussing a simple shift rostering problem with a colleague
recently where he has a simple rostering problem with 1 team leader and
1 team member on a 24 x 7 roster from a pool of leaders and team members
and was looking for simple set covering GLPK solution. I have a lot of
experience with other numerical techniques for solving rostering
problems but would like to look at a mathprog formulated LP solution
that I could play around with to suit the details required. Things like
day of the week and weekend based availabilities, constraints and
penalties and subjective rules such as preferences would be great.

The other requirement, that is a real test for any rostering solution
technique, is for re-runs to minimise the disruption to an existing
solution if changes are required once the roster is published.

If anyone has a GLPK example of something relevant to these requirements
to get me going or can point me to any relevant resources, I would be
much appreciated.

Regards,

Harley Mackenzie

      Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ABN:   36 348 783 012

      HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
      PO BOX 8004                  Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
      Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: address@hidden