[Help-glpk] Defining a subset of a multi dimension set

From: aly
Subject: [Help-glpk] Defining a subset of a multi dimension set
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 02:04:46 +0400

Hi All,

Suppose I have 3 sets, J, R and T for Facilities, Resources and Periods
respectively and that each is well defined. And suppose there is a set of
dimension 3 that was defined as follows:

set FacilityResourcePeriod, dimen 3;
table FacilityResourcePeriod_jrtt IN "ODBC"
'FileDSN=.\d2.dsn;READONLY=FALSE'
'TransformerTypePeriodResources' :
FacilityResourcePeriod <-[FacilityID, ResourceID, PeriodID];

Note that the set FacilityResourcePeriod would not have all possible
combinations of the elements of J, R and T (as the table its values are read
from has only a subset of the combinations).

What I would like to do is to define a set, that is a subset of J, and that
only contains the Facilities that are in FacilityResourcePeriod. I tried to
define it that way:

set Facilities_IN_FacilityResourcePeriod, dimen 1;
table Facilities_IN_FacilityResourcePeriod_jrtt IN "ODBC"
'FileDSN=.\d2.dsn;READONLY=FALSE'
'TransformerTypePeriodResources' :
Facilities_IN_FacilityResourcePeriod <-[FacilityID];

But when the data were read, I get an error of "Duplicate Tuple 1 Detected"
which is expected since the same FacilitiID can be in multiple records (each
with a different combination of ResourceID and PeriodID).

So, how can I define such a set?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Aly

--

PhD Student

Rm. 407 Main Building
H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
765 Ferst Dr., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0205, USA