[Help-glpk] Re: BAK - GLPK 4.45

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: BAK - GLPK 4.45
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 19:51:43 +0100

Hello Brady,

Andrew indicated in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2010-02/msg00206.html
that he is interested in supporting branching analysis in GLPK.

A description of the BAK file format is given in
http://www.rosemaryroad.org/projects/BAK/browser/trunk/grammar_details

Unfortunately it is not a strict file format specification. E.g.
according to your document it is unclear which of the following
would be a valid format of <time>:
00:13:14.15
780 s
3.6 h

The document says: "We also need to know whether each node is a
left branch or right branch, indicated with a branch direction
of 'L' or 'R'."

It is unclear what left of right refers to. Do you mean branching
down to 0 and up to 1 (as implemented in patched glpios03.c) -
or the output sequence in the diagrams?

Hence I think the next step for moving BAK file support to GLPK
should be to create an unambiguous file format specification.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:59:52 -0500
> Betreff: Re: BAK - GLPK 4.45

> Thanks, Xypron!  I'll try to incorporate this later this week.
>
> One of the things I've been meaning to do is to look over the code and
> email Andrew about what it would take to get it to be part of the main
> GLPK code.
>
> You're one of the most active people on the GLPK list.  Are you at all
> motivated to help get the BAK changes into the main GLPK code?
>
> Brady
>

> On 12/28/2010 03:19 PM, glpk xypron wrote:
> > Hello Brady,
> >
> > please, find appended the files I used to patch GLPK 4.45
> > to provide output for BAK.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Xypron

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...