Re: [Help-glpk] Excel connection

From: Xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Excel connection
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:01:52 +0100

Hello Christina,

please, refer to the GLPK Wiki.

>   'DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xlsm)}; dbq=RGHtemplate.xlsm'

You are using a driver name that does probably does not exist.

If you want to read Office 2007 or 2010 Excel files you have to specify the following ODBC driver:
DRIVER=Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)

DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)}
is for Office 2003 only as indicated in examples/sudoku_excel.mod of GLPK for Windows.

This may require to download the appropriate driver first, e.g. one of
2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components
Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

Both a 32bit and a 64bit version of"Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" are available. The version that matches the GLPK library used is required.

Best regards

Xypron

CHRISTINA CIGNARALE (RIT Student) wrote:

Hi,

I am using the current version of GLPK and have been referencing the sodoku_odbc.mod example for my own project. I recently changed my setup of reading each set of data from a different excel workbook to one workbook where each set has a sheet. The sheets are populated from a template sheet. I wrote some macros to transfer the data from the template to the appropriate sheet. I now have a problem with the ODBC handler. It will not accept the *.xlsm extension. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? I get an error from the first table statement.

Thank you for your help.

Christina Cignarale

Industrial & Systems Engineer

Rochester Institute of Technology