Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.46 on 64-bit platform

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.46 on 64-bit platform
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:15:48 +0400

Hi Xypron,

> > I would be grateful to anyone who could test a preliminary version of
> > glpk 4.46 on a 64-bit platform.
> I can test on Windows Vista 64bit and on Debian Squeeze amd64.
> Please, send me the tar file.

Thank you very much.

Please download glpk-4.46.tar.gz and glpk-4.46.md5 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/noumenon/files/ .

To test the package please do the following:

1. Build the package. On running the configure script under Linux you do
not need to specify --with-zlib, because now zlib is incorporated into
the distribution.

2. Take some (large enough, say, 100-200Kb) lp/mip file, say, foo.mps,
pack it to foo.mps.gz with gzip or equivalent utility, and pass it to
glpsol:

   glpsol --check foo.mps.gz

Make sure that the file has been successfully read.

2. Run glpsol as follows:

   glpsol --check bar.mps --wmps bar.mps.gz

and make sure that bar.mps.gz can be correctly unpacked with gzip.

Please test the package under both 64-bit Linux and Windows. If there
will be some compiler warnings, please inform me.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin