Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.46 on 64-bit platform

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] testing glpk 4.46 on 64-bit platform
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:15:54 +0400

> Tested on my work machine:
>
> * Mac OS X 10.6.7
> * 2 X 2.66 GHz 6-Core Xeon
> * gcc --version:   i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple
> Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

Thank you very much.

> There were no unusual warnings (always get warnings when building
> things in the amd directory).

I think that SIZE_T_MAX is a non-standard macro, and defining it in
system header limits.h violates both ANSI C and POSIX standards. For
example, glibc does not define it.

> I think I covered the tests you were interested in, if not, let me
> know as it would be easy to run further cases.

I think no more testing is needed.

> One note:  it wasn't clear to me at first that I wouldn't be able to
> read gzipped cplex-format files.  I'm sure you'd note that in the
> documentation, but just letting you know that it didn't seem intuitive
> that I couldn't use gzipped cplex files.

Gzip'ed files are not supported by standard C input/output functions
(i.e. by fopen, fread, fwrite, etc.). Thus, if zlib is not linked on
building glpk, it is impossible to read/write .gz files on the fly; you
should inflate .gz file into a temporary before passing it to glpsol.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin