Re: [Help-glpk] solution rounding support

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] solution rounding support
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:01:49 +1200 (NZST)

Hi Andrew

To:          Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>
From:        Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:        Wed, 04 May 2011 00:20:57 +0400

>> Just wondered it the following "solution rounding" call
>> still work (it still compiles)?
>>
>>   lpx_set_int_parm(lp, LPX_K_ROUND, 1);   // enable output rounding
>>   lpx_set_int_parm(lp, LPX_K_ROUND, 0);   // disable output rounding
>>
>> As far as I could tell, all the relevant source code
>> has been disabled.
>
> This feature was only intended to control output
> performed by the routines lpx_print_sol/ipt/mip in
> order to print results in a more readable format,
> i.e. to print 0.0 rather than something like
> 1.234567e-17. Please note that now global control
> parameters (stored in glp_prob) are not used, so the
> routines lpx_set/get_parm are provided only for
> downward compatibility.

Thanks.  Some of that information is now located here:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Modeling_tips#cite_note-2

There is also a new and incomplete page on GLPK solution
information .. if anyone would like to contribute:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Solution_information

In particular, does anyone process GLPSOL --range output:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Solution_information#GLPSOL_range_information

Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]