Re: [Help-glpk] conditions to sell gusek and glpk

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] conditions to sell gusek and glpk
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:17:33 +0400

> I live in Brazil and knew the gusek project of GLPK and I have a
> doubt.
>
> If I create a glpk model and sell it together with glpsol I must pay
> something license for somebody?

You don't need to pay for the GNU GPL license, under which glpk and
glpsol are distributed. However, if you redistribute glpk and/or glpsol,
either gratis or for fee, you must pass to the recipients the same
freedoms that you received, as required by the GNU GPL. For more details
please see the topic "Distribution of programs released under the GNU
licenses" on webpage http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html .

All the same is applicable to gusek, because it is also distributed
under the GNU GPL.

The glpk model is your own development. From the GNU GPL standpoint it
is *not* a derivative work, so you are free to choose any conditions to
distribute it which you wish, including proprietary case.

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin