[Help-glpk] Using suffixes with subscripted parameters?

From: fork
Subject: [Help-glpk] Using suffixes with subscripted parameters?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:45:52 +0000 (UTC)

HI all,

First let me say thanks for the awesome software.

Here is my (potentially noob) issue.  I am trying to work through examples in
the AMPL book (steel.mod and steel.dat), but when I try to use suffixes on
parameters I get problems.

The following line of code works (and generates the following output):

display rate['bands'];

Display statement at line 20
rate[bands] = 200

However if I try the following, I get the following error:

display rate['bands'].val

steel.mod:20: rate cannot have a suffix

If anyone knows how to work around this, that would be great....

TIA