Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: 64 bit]

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: 64 bit]
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 07:05:28 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello Francesco

To answer your question about a flag to switch between
32-bit or 64-bit builds.

In general there is not.  Your compiler must know what
kind of system it is on.  If you wish to cross-compile
to another platform, then you will need to specify that
explicitly.  For GCC:

  -b machine : The argument machine specifies the
               target machine for compilation.

GLPK does have several configuration options.  For
example, I use (64-bit Linux) the following because
I don't wish to burden users with run-time dependencies:

  $ ./configure --disable-shared

As Xypron said, pre-build Windows binaries are
available.  The GLPK wikibook also has entries for building
GLPK on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Compiling_GLPK

HTH, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]