Re: [Help-glpk] LP files and machine-parseable sensitivity output?

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] LP files and machine-parseable sensitivity output?
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:49:02 -0500

At 11:20am -0500 Mon, 05 Dec 2011, Andrew Makhorin wrote:
As I'm limited to LP files as my only means of input to GLPK,
GMPL is not an option for me. Is there a file-based avenue for
acquiring machine-parseable sensitivity information from GLPK
that I have not yet discovered?

Such a feature is not implemented.

Shucks. Does this wording imply that you would accept code to
implement this? Or is this an intentional omission?

The latter. No standard format exists for such kind of information,
and inventing one doesn't seem to me a good idea. It is quite easy
to obtain all necessary information with the glpk api routines and
write it in a format suitable for a particular application.

Okay, rational understood. Unfortunately for my use case and need, I would need this functionality to be in the core GLPK distribution. (I work with folks with whom I'm only loosely affiliated, and our commonalities are the LPWriter program and another solution reader program. Asking them all to install a program I wrote along these lines wouldn't be feasible, but asking the maker of the LPWriter et al. suite to fully support GLPK's machine readable formats is more feasible.)

Thanks for the info. (And really, thanks for the excellent work that is GLPK. It really is a joy to work with; on other projects that do warrant personal hacking of GLPK, your code quality is much appreciated.)

Kevin