Re: [Help-glpk] "The conflict graph is either empty or too big"

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] "The conflict graph is either empty or too big"
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 04:51:14 +0400

Your instance is hard for the glpk mip solver due to its size and
combinatorial structure.

> What about increasing the error? I don't really care about having the optimal
> solution, I do not need such a precision.
> How can I change it ? Because if I stop it before it finds the optimal
> solution, than I get no results.... I whish to be able to view a solution
> even if it is not the optimal one.

In case of mip to find *any* integer feasible solution is often as hard
as to find the optimal one.

> Does anybody knows if such an option is possible ?

You may try to use a more powerful mip solver. See:
http://www.neos-server.org/neos/
http://www.neos-server.org/neos/solvers/index.html