[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Suggestions for GLPK]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Suggestions for GLPK]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:12:59 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Emanuele Miucci <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Suggestions for GLPK
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:09:06 +0200

Dear GLPK group,
I'm Emanuele a PhD student in TLC engeneering at the University of Rome
"Sapienza". I'm using GLPK to solve an optimization problem: the input
files (.mod and .dat) are written by a C program, and then they are used
calling glpsol.exe with a system().
After the solve command in .mod file I've put a check on the results
because I want that the system() returns 0 only if the optimal solution
is found, otherwise it has to return a number different from 0. If I use
GLPK v.4.45 everything works: the solver performs the check when the
optimal solution is found and when it's not found. But if I use GLPK
v.4.47 the check is performed only when the optimal solution is found.
Can you give me some suggestions? Do you know another way to do these
operations?

Thanks a lot for your attention! Best regards

Emanuele