Re: [Help-glpk] Complexity of MILP

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Complexity of MILP
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:18:06 -0400

Hi Esma,

Since this is an MILP, it's likely that the execution time is dominated by the branch and bound search for an integer optimal solution. Branching, and deciding which branches to search first, depend on the values of solutions at intermediate nodes in the search.  There can be a large change in execution time due to even small changes in parameter values or problem structure. So what you observed is not unusual.

How many integer variables were in these different problems?