Re: [Help-glpk] ELF Library

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] ELF Library
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 05:38:37 +1200

Hello Gioker

I am a little puzzled by your problem
description.  But the following thoughts
may possibly help.

To:          "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Subject:      [Help-glpk] ELF Library
From:         Giorgio Sartor <address@hidden>
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:57:17 +0200

> If I had been able to install glpk I would have
> done it and I would have create my own ELF
> library. Unfortunately the Linux system is a
> computing server in which I can't install
> anything. The kind of .o file that the server
> produces after compilation is :
>
> ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

That is the standard Linux format, if I am not
mistaken.  My Linux box reports, for a binary with
GLPK statically linked:

  ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux),
  statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, not stripped

And it reports '/usr/local/lib/libglpk.a' as:

    current ar archive

> So I would like to have a glpk library made of
> this kind of Objects instead of the Mach-O ones.

> Any solution?

GNU gcc can apparently cross-compile to
Mach-o.  See the manpage for 'gcc'.

Can you not work on your server in user space?

Else, talk to your sysadmin and get some
appropriate privileges to work on the server
as root.  Or have them do the work.

Just two other points.  Some more details about
your systems and toolchains would help.  And was
there a good reason to rename this thread, because
the earlier history is now orphaned?

HTH, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]