Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.49 release information

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk 4.49 release information
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:18:27 -0500

This is great news.  I have found many uses of minimum cost network-flow over
the years, including revenue management models, small models for doing
"first-come, first serve" and "last-come, first-serve" connections within the
transportation industry, passenger rail crew rostering problems, and a host of
other uses, and have used either my own version of an augmenting shortest path
algorithm based on the work by Wang and Kennington, or a commercial license
from Andrew Goldberg.  I am really glad that there is now a high-performance
open-source solver that uses the relaxation method that others would also use
and over time improve.

[Now if we only had GMPL to fully support it...]