[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Providing initial solution]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Providing initial solution]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:10:46 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Juan J. Rojas <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Providing initial solution
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 18:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I have a big size problem to be solved in GLPK (around 400000 rows and 1
million columns). The last simulation I run to solve this problem, I got a
segmentation fault because of the size of the problem. I was wondering if it is
possible to give to GLPK an initial solution to the problem I am trying to
solve so that the number of iterations the solver has to do afterwards is
decreased, and be able to get a solution.

Is this possible? how would be the way to do it? I didn't see this  explained
online or in the user's manual.

Moreover, do you think decreasing the tolerance would help in this case?

Many thanks,

Juan