[Help-glpk] Variable Assigned to itself

From: Norman Jessup
Subject: [Help-glpk] Variable Assigned to itself
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:48:00 +1000

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the glpk source using the Eclipse IDE (I'm not terribly familiar with either). One module, glpini01.c, is generating multiple errors of the form:

    "Assignment to istelf 't = t' "

On looking at the code this does seem to be the case. I'm not sure if this is allowed by the C++ standard or not, and there is an option I can set to ignore this "error". However, as the starting value of t is established just a few lines before the "error" it seems it would be very straightforward to modify this so that no compiler or pre-compiler complains. Is there any reason why this can't be done ? I'd be happy to submit proposed changes, though given these are trivial it may be easier for the guardians of the code to change themselves rather than vet my updates.

Thank you

--
Norman Jessup

+61 2 9876 2703