Re: [Help-glpk] csv_driver:unable to create ....csv - Permission denied

From: Martin Albrecht
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] csv_driver:unable to create ....csv - Permission denied
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:26:52 +0100

Dear Heinrich,

many thanks for the fast answer.

In my Java code I always use the close() command after writing to the files.
I have also restarted my computer to make sure that no instance of the file is blocked.

The strange thing is that it works for some iterations (i.e. Java closes and GLPK open the files succesfully). And I cannot reproduce it. In different test runs of the same instance, the error may occur at different iterations. I also have aborted the program code directly after the error occurs. Then I open the model with Gusek. (I do not make any other changes such as closing an EXCEL file.)
Here it can be solved without problems.

May it be generally not recommended to do mass data exchange using .csv files with GLPK? Unfortunately, the Java interface is not very intuitive for me. I have to "see" the formulation in Gusek. I would have lots of difficulties with explicitly defining the rows and columns of the problem as it is necessary for using the Java interface.

Best regards
Martin