Re: [Help-glpk] Calling the same LP repeatedly - segmentation fault

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Calling the same LP repeatedly - segmentation fault
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 18:18:04 +0300

> Thank you for looking, but if you see, this is not the error I am
> seeing.

I see, but I cannot reproduce the error with the code you posted,
because your program terminates before the error occurs.

> 0x0000000000422b44 in _glp_get_env_ptr ()
>
> Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install
glibc-2.17-106.el7_2.4.x86_64

address@hidden, address@hidden) at env/alloc.c:47

> #2  0x000000000042268c in glp_alloc (address@hidden, address@hidden)
at env/alloc.c:141

> #3  0x0000000000405890 in glp_create_prob () at glpapi01.c:109
>
> #4  0x0000000000402f41 in GAP ()
>
> #5  0x0000000000402c74 in main ()
>
> (gdb)

Segfault occurs in get_env_ptr routine (see glpk/src/env/tls.c) that may
happen only if static pointer tls is clobbered by some non-glpk routine
or if glpk routines are called from parallel threads (note that the
original code of glpk is *not* thread-safe).