Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Integer Warm Start]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Integer Warm Start]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 14:48:04 +0300

> From: Babak Moazzez <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Subject: Integer Warm Start
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:37:23 -0400
>
> Hi
>
>  Is there any way to do integer warm start in command line of GLPK? I
> know how to do it in C++ interface but I need to do it in command line.
>
> Babak Moazzez

Glpk does not support a warm start for mip, because this feature assumes
saving the entire search tree. However, to reduce the search you can
provide an incumbent solution with the option "--use FILENAME", where
FILENAME is a text file containing any previously found integer feasible
solution in glpk format. (For the format description see the glpk
reference manual, subsection 3.3.8 "glp_read_mip - read MIP solution in
GLPK format.)