Re: next question - find some element of a set

From: Mate Hegyhati
Subject: Re: next question - find some element of a set
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 18:35:29 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for the clarification. If I understand correctly, and ANY proper cost value is ok, and you don't need the element itself, just the cost value, then min/max could also work.

param some_valid_cost := max{s in S} cost[s];

Another more "random" solution (more like a workaround):

param selector{s in S} := Irand224();
param some_valid_cost := sum{s in S: selector[s] == max {ss in S} selector[ss]} cost[s];

(but it fails, if the max value is generated twice)

I hope this helps.

All the best!

Mate