Re: Help with slow model translation

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: Help with slow model translation
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:35:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020, Greg Gruber wrote:

I came across this on the wikipedia entry: " The take-home message is that
nested set iterations should be avoided where possible, as these greatly
expand the dimensionality and size of the model space to be processed.",
and it discusses a case on the OSeMOSYS energy model where the execution
time was reduced from 15 hours to 9 minutes by a reformulation.

I think it refers to the MathProg equivalent of something like this:
S=1..1000
T= { (x, y, z): x in S, y in S, z in S, y=x+1, z=y+1 }

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,