Re: Help - GLPK - "Time used" in millisecond ?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: Help - GLPK - "Time used" in millisecond ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:43:35 +0300

On Tue, 2020-07-28 at 20:58 +0530, Biplab Kanti Sen wrote:
> Thanks for your kind response. Is it possible to get the exact time
> in millisecond ? Is there any wayout to change the format spec "%.1f"
> ? I need to know the exact time required for solving the problem. I
> need this value for a research publication where I am going to
> mention GLPK as a tool used for my research work.

See file glpk/examples/glpsol.c, lines 1429-1430:

      xprintf("Time used:   %.1f secs\n", glp_difftime(glp_time(),
         start));

Please note, however, that a small solution time (less than a second)
displayed by glpsol may be inappropriate for your purpose. In such
cases I'd recommend just to say that the solution time was less than a
second on a such-and-such processor.